Many years ago, all the way back in 2015, I designed a waistcoat pattern. I was going to Star Wars Secret Cinema, and had been assigned the class of Mercenary. But we bought the with so little notice that we didnt have much time for costume hunting. I had my outfit mostly under control – I already hadbrown boots, sand coloured trousers, an of white top, the requred faction scarf and a plastic bullet belt from an army costume from years earlier. But it looked like it needed something more. So I trawled through my stash and found some brown rustic looking yarn, and then it hit me – a waistcoat. I knew I needed it done within 24 hours, so I made it up as I went along, and then I attempted to write a pattern.
This pattern has had a fair amount of attention – its been shared among ravelry groups, on pinterest, etc. But evey so often, I would get a message o a comment about how people were struggling to follow the pattern. It was the very first pattern I ever wrote, and it was pretty rubbish. So I finally did something about it. I rummaged through my yarn stash, found some suitable yarn, and got cracking on rewriting the pattern.
You can find the shiny new PDF pattern on my Ravelry Store, here.
I put in lots of photos and hopefully explained everything a whole lot better. I even did the maths to make larger and smaller sizes.
Let me know what you think.
Bonus Pic – here is princess Max, having to get involved… yet again…
As part of my effort to revamp my blog and sort out some of the old content, I have been planning on sorting out a more professional looking format for my patterns. Well, today I settled upon a PDF format I like, so I applied it to 3 patterns I am happy with. These 3 Washcloths.
From left to right, you can find the new PDF Patterns here, here, and here on Ravelry.
Please, go and have a look at them – I would love to know what you think – I hope this new format and new look will help my work to stand out a bit more, once I start designing again, and give a level of continuity to it all.
And thank you to those of you who have been here following me for so long – without your encouragement, I would probably have given up a long time ago, but I just know if I persevere, I can only get better and make my design dreams come true.
I made a thing!
Its somewhat of an acheivement for me. From yarn purchase to completion only took 7 days! Almost all yarn I but sits in my stash for ages so I am pleased with this!
Its also an acheivement as I hate working with black yarn, so to finish it was quite good.
I appreciate that the photos dont really capture the texture. It is really hard to see the detail on black yarn but beleive me when I say it is lovely.
This is the Mackinack beanie by The Unravelled Mitten. You can find it here.
There are only two things I would tell you if you want to have a go. The pattern says 200 to 225 yards. I used Novita 7 Brothers, which has 218 yards to a ball and I had loads left, so I dont think you need as muxh yarn as the pattern suggests. The other note I would make is that the starting chain is that the band is a little tight on mine – the actual stitches are fine but the foundation chain is too tight – so if I were to make it again I would go up a hook size to loosen the chain.
Hello all. You will have already seen these wash cloths if you saw my end of January post. I got very annoyed when I couldn’t find any flannels in my local shops, so I decided to make my own. Well finally, I am here to share the patterns with you!
Th first is this star stitch flannel. You can find the pattern here.
The second is this cluster stitch face scrubbie. You can find the pattern here.
The third is this bobble stitch scrubbie. You can find it here.
Thank for visiting! This pattern has now been rewritten to include much more detailed instructions and step by step photographs! You can find the details here.
Secret Cinema! The best experience of my life. So good I went Twice. Luckily a friend of mine is one of the actors so I got heavily reduced tickets, but I would definitely say its well worth the full ticket price!
Anyways, a friend and I made plans to go, and they were such short notice that I didn’t have time to order costume pieces, so I had to make something myself. I wanted a ragged sort of waistcoat thing, but I had less than 24 hours to make it in, so instead of searching for a pattern, I just made it up as I went along. And now I have written you a pattern. Aren’t you lucky!