Quick Christmas Gift Rundown!

My goodness! Christmas is now less than 2 weeks away! Have you still got gifts to make? If so, here is a handy dandy rundown of quick gifts you can make in 1 sitting. 


1. Jeanie Beanie

This Beanie by Twisted Arrow Designs is so super quick to make, and only requires a single ball of chunky wool. 

2. Divine Beanie

Worked in worsted weight yarn, this hat by Sarah Arnold grows quickly and works equally well in varigated or solid yarn. And it only requires a single 100g ball of yarn. 


1. Desert Winds

I have made this scarf by Jess Coppam at the Make and Do Crew twice now and have also taught a beginner crocheter with it. It is so simple and easy but the results are wonderful. It works up so quickly and is a good mindless project that you can be working on whilst watching a christmas movie. I used a single Caron Cake, but I reckon you could make it out of any pretty yarn you like. 

For The Kitchen

1. Clean Sweep Dish Cloths

These dishcloths by Erika Loftin work up really fast – theres only 6 rows! You could nock up a whole pile in a few hours!

2. Gems Hot Pad

The Gems Hot Pad by Phyllis Wortman would make a wonderful gift for any cook – and pairs really nicely with other cooking tools as a gift set. This took me around 3 hours to complete, but I misread the pattern and did way more puff stitches on the final round than are neccessary, so you would probably finish it quicker if you stuck to the pattern. 

For the Bathroom

And of course, I should probably pop a few of my own patterns in here too. A set of wash cloths/face pads can be quick to make and paired with a lovely bar of soap can make a cute little gift. You still have enough time to make a set for the whole family! 

1. Bobble Face Scrubbie

2. Cluster Face Scrubbie

3. Starry Wash Cloth

So I hope this has been helpful! Good luck in finishing by christmas!

Esja MAL Week 5

Today marks the last official day of the MAL. By this point I was supposed to have finished the jumper. However, with christmas crafting completely taking over, I have little time to crochet other stuff! However, I have now completely finished the brioche section and the short rows and have seperated for the body. 

I will continue to post weekly, to see how much longer it takes, but I am determined to finish by the end of the year. 

This is the Esja Sweater (You can purchase the pattern here), by Tatsiana, of Lillia Bjorn Crochet. This is a month long Make along which Tatsiana is holding on her facebook group here

On the 7th Day of Christmas

You may remember that I purchased an Advent calendar full of yarn this year. Well today I will share with you the first weeks yarns! 

Ooooh arent they lovely. They are laid out in the order they came out of the calendar! Such a beautiful rainbow already! I am in love! 

As well as the yarn there have been little extras in some of the bags – I have had some yummy choccies and also this lovely Stitch Marker from Koru Clay Studio. I checked out their etsy and got a bit carried away buying Stitch Markers! Go give them a look – but be prepared to part with your cash! 

I had originally planned to make this hawl by Kat Goldin. The Lake of Menteith Shawl. 

But on opening the first few yarns I wasnt feeling it. I will definately have a go at it but not with this yarn. 

I have decided to make this scarf/wrap instead. 

This is the Lucinda Shawl by Vicarno Crochet Designs. Its a wonderfully adjustable design as it is done in three sections of repeatable rows. So the original is 3 100g skeins. But you can adhust the straight bits and the lacy bits. So I plan to use 50g of baby grey yarn, then the lace will be a rainbow of advent yarns then the final portion will be 50g of the grey again. I think it will be lovely! 

Esja MAL Week 4

Whoopsy! I am getting further behind with the MAL. By this point I was hoping to be at the point of seperating the front and back for the sleeves. Unfortunately I am only just finishing brioche section 2. But I still hope to finish by Christmas! But now I need to focus a bit on christmas gifts! 

This is the Esja Sweater (You can purchase the pattern here), by Tatsiana, of Lillia Bjorn Crochet. This is a month long Make along which Tatsiana is holding on her facebook group here

November Makes

I started the month with the Sophine Scarf

I made my first Wanderlust Beanie

These Mountain Road Chevron Mitts

This headband

Then the Simple Scallops shawl

Followed by my second wanderlust beanie

And matching scarf.

Next came this Oven Glove

And hot pad

Then some more mittens,

And another Wanderlust Scarf

As well as my November OFAPUK donation. 

Wow what a busy month. I dont think I have gone even a day without crochet! But its all worth it, to finish the christmas gift list in time to relax a bit before christmas arrives! Just 2 christmas gifts to go!

The Last Wanderlust

At least for a while…

I finished my second Wanderlust Scarf today. This time in Malabrigo Worsted, in colourway Black Forrest. 

As usual, black is super difficult to photograph but I can assure you this scarf is full of texture! 

I really loved this yarn. It is black but it has subtle varigations between silver green and blue sheens. 

Now thats done, I have 20 gifts finishes, just 2 to go! Wahooooo!