Rugged Bohemian Waistcoat – Rewritten

Hello All!

Many years ago, all the way back in 2015, I designed a waistcoat pattern. I was going to Star Wars Secret Cinema, and had been assigned the class of Mercenary. But we bought the with so little notice that we didnt have much time for costume hunting. I had my outfit mostly under control – I already hadbrown boots, sand coloured trousers, an of white top, the requred faction scarf and a plastic bullet belt from an army costume from years earlier. But it looked like it needed something more. So I trawled through my stash and found some brown rustic looking yarn, and then it hit me – a waistcoat. I knew I needed it done within 24 hours, so I made it up as I went along, and then I attempted to write a pattern.

This pattern has had a fair amount of attention – its been shared among ravelry groups, on pinterest, etc. But evey so often, I would get a message o a comment about how people were struggling to follow the pattern. It was the very first pattern I ever wrote, and it was pretty rubbish. So I finally did something about it. I rummaged through my yarn stash, found some suitable yarn, and got cracking on rewriting the pattern.

You can find the shiny new PDF pattern on my Ravelry Store, here.

I put in lots of photos and hopefully explained everything a whole lot better. I even did the maths to make larger and smaller sizes.

Let me know what you think.

Bonus Pic – here is princess Max, having to get involved… yet again…

One Reply to “Rugged Bohemian Waistcoat – Rewritten”

Leave a Reply